Sunday, April 8, 2012

Wood Wine Box Love XO

Wood wine boxes come into this world to house and protect bottles of that precious liquid we all love to drink, wine. After the need for their intended purpose these lovely little boxes may be easily transformed into useful household accessories. Seal them with polyurethane and add some wheels. I use them in the pantry to hold bottles of olive oil and in the living room to keep some of my favorite cookbooks tidy. I find the imagery burned into the wood  appealing.

Here are a few photos of Steve (Boyfriend)  to walk you through the process. I of course am behind the camera. Safety Tip: Power tools & wine are a no no.
In addition to great storage, these handy wooden boxes can easily be transformed into unique planters by adding a few drill holes to the bottom for drainage. Best to keep the planters outside. 



Although it would be delightful to sample various wines just for the boxes I recommend asking to purchase them from your local wine store. Depending on the size, I've been able to nab them for $3 - $5 per box. On some of my events I use the smaller boxes minus the wheels to hold rolled flatware and to elevate platters. Great match up for wine tastings or events with a special connection to the wine selections.


No comments:

Post a Comment